Sunday, March 6, 2011

my new best mate

Jim was a local who I had driven past many a day, we were not really interested in each other, going our separate ways.
I had my life, Jim had his, both seemingly heading in the opposite directions.
Jim was a great fella by all accounts with many a friend hanging around him. The girls loved him, the guys used him, though they all seemed to come away from spending time with him with a big smile on their face. It was time I caught up with my old mate again and see what had changed in his life.

Expecting Jim to be superior and elitist in many ways, I was pleasantly surprised to find that he had changed... changed for the better.

Not only did he remember my name he also cared about how I looked, how I felt, and where i was going.  What a great guy, in a non-masculine sort of way :)  Whilst he had all the good looking women hanging around, he still made the time to show me what made him popular: his features.  Suffice to say i'm impressed, somewhat jealous, and feel the desire to hang out with him.

To gain an insight into what he had been up to recently, I went for a walk with Jim. After some 3kms, it was time to relax and have a chat with some of his friends.  They are great people - funny, fit, and fantastic. What more can you ask for? :)

Thanks Jim for the morning, it was great to catch up again.  You've changed from what I remember, much better than I ever recall.  You're clean, friendly, relaxed, energetic, inspiring and always changing....what a great guy.

Yeah, we'll catch up again.....

(3km for the day - on the treadmill @ 6.5kms hr, and incline of 2)

No comments:

Post a Comment